International open data day and NYC School of Data 2018 is here!!
This year’s we are asking you to envision better community resources to improve our neighborhoods. Join us for thought provoking sessions and small group workshops on digital literacy, privacy, smart cities, open government, and civic technology. Come spend the day learning or working on a civic project in our #hackhall!
We’ll be at Rise New York, 43 W 23rd St, New York, NY 10010.
If you’re attending the event, doors open with breakfast starting at 9:00 am. Please be prepared to go through a security check point and be prepared to show photo identification. The morning keynote begins at 10 AM. To avoid standing in line, please show up before 9:30 AM!
What to bring:
NYC School of Data is a mix of panels, workshops, and hackable projects. We are really excited to introduce #hackhall. If you want to work on hackhall project or take a workshop, bring a laptop. Our workshops will be a mixture of technical and non-technical sessions. Some are recommending laptops. If you bring your laptop, don’t forget your power adapter!
FYI – We will not have a coat check, but we will have shared coat racks around the facility.
Speakers — if your laptop doesn’t have an HDMI port, please bring a dongle.
- If you are using a “big browser” on a laptop or tablet, please visit the schedule via Google Sheets via http://bit.ly/nycSOdata18_schedule
- With little browsers on a mobile phone, download the Eventbase App. Once you’ve downloaded the app, search for “NYC School of Data 2018.”
- If you’re not down with either, download the schedule as an Excel file or ODS file
Social Media and Event Backchannel
- Tune into the #nycSOdata hashtag on twitter or instagram. When you visit the hack hall use #hackhall!
- Also, you can join BetaNYC’s slack and hop into the #event-nycsodata channel.
Tune in virtually
We would love to thank our generous sponsors
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Fund for the City of New York
- Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer
- Microsoft Civic
Child Care Provider, Sponsored by Microsoft Civic
- A better mousetrap newsletter
- City & State
- Civic Hall
- Gary’s Guide
- Gotham Gazette
- Internet Society of New York
- Technical.ly Brooklyn
- Amy Hua
- Bike Me
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Council Member Peter Koo
- Data & Society Research Institute
- Democracy Works
- Elana Shneyer Strategies
- g0v / Talk to NYC team
- Hon. James “Jimmy” Vacca
- Legal Aid Society
- Metro Library Council
- New America
- NYC’s Children with Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York
- NYC’s Civic Service Design Studio
- NYC’s Department of of Information Technology & Telecommunications (DOITT)
- NYC’s Department of of Information Technology & Telecommunications’ GIS Department
- NYC Mayor’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer
- NYC Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics
- NYC Mayor’s Office for Economic Opportunity
- NYC Planning Labs
- NYC Open Data
- NYC Records
- Queens Library
- Refugee Libraries
- Sitter Studios
- Sunlight Foundation
- The Public Good
- NYC School of Data & Hack Hall Event Volunteers
- BetaNYC’s Volunteer Leadership Team
MANY, MANY, MANY thank yous to Rise NYC, our Venue Partner.
Rise New York is a global community of startups and corporates creating the future of commerce and fintech by helping startups and entrepreneurs connect, co-create, and scale innovation. In partnership with Barclays, we listen, nurture and oxygenate through our international network of Rise hubs. Rise New York also houses a world-class event space and is home to the U.S. cohort of the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars.